All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Thursday, September 17, 2015

little peach and nectarine galettes with thyme


My wits have not quite settled down living in this new city, so coming up with a new recipe post has been evading me lately.  Today I fell instantly in love with a photograph from My Blue and White Kitchen, walked to the store for peaches and nectarines (I still am holding tightly onto peach season) and had a very happy few hours mixing and baking - and enjoying the fruits of my labor.

As I do with any new recipe, I followed her recipe exactly, except for a tablespoon or so of stripped fresh thyme leaves and a pinch of nutmeg in the dough.  Why?  Because thyme is my favorite herb ever, and I had a glass of sprigs beside the flour tin;  and nutmeg is almost always in my desserts, again, because I love it.

I still think I didn't roll the dough thin enough, but my taste-tester disagreed with me - she and her husband loved the fat, amazingly flaky dough, and the cooked fruits, so there you are - I leave it up to you.

You can find the recipe here - and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did - it's a keeper!







2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

They are so pretty!

Thank goodness we like to play in the kitchen:) Gives everyone pleasure!

katrina said...

I thought of you when I was making these, Nana - they seemed to be something you might make. Great dough and easy and fast (except for the chilling time) - one of the best tasting pastry dough I've ever made.
Such delight making this, and having it come out so delicious -well, that's a big bonus!