All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

the last of the brussels sprouts




I'm always a little sad when the brussels sprout season is over - I do love them!  But on that sunny, warm day, I blanched them for barely 10 minutes (they were very small), drained them, and made a summery marinade:

2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
oregano - a pinch or two
a pinch of so of caraway seed
a generous sprinkling of crisp bacon

Makes two servings.

Happy Spring!





2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I hate to admit to this but they last longer here because of Costco and we love them:)

katrina said...

They are wonderful, and I'm sure some grocery stores will still have them, Monique - but I follow a gardeners calendar , even though I don't have a garden this year, at least, not yet. April is for planning (and planting) a brand new garden!