All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Monday, March 26, 2012

happy monday!






What a beautiful day! Windy, a little chilly, but sunny enough for the magnolia trees to be blooming, as well as the daffodils and forsythia.

My weekend round up?

Painting one of the bedroom walls this beautiful spring green.

Making what will probably be the last bunch of these muffins until Fall.

Bringing home a six-pack of those lovely violas for transplanting.

Making more fresh cucumber salad.

Admiring the arugula seedlings that have popped up in the garden!

Keeping up with my walking goals via my new pedometer - 60 miles in a little over 3 weeks!

Back into the kitchen, hope you're having as beautiful a day as we are here! And how was YOUR weekend?

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Katrina! It's beautiful here too, but chilly. Probably much more normal than the over 80 degrees we had last week. We may even get a hard frost tonight - which will be too, too sad for all the flowering trees and bushes :(!

Your paint color is lovely, as are those sweet violas! And three cheers for you and your walking program! I'm very impressed! I need to get started too - I walk the breast cancer 3-day walk every year - so I need to start getting back to walking for that (besides I relly enjoy walking!).

Happy spring to you!

katrina said...

Happy Monday, Barb! I share your concern about getting a freeze, so I went up to the apple orchard to make sure the trees weren't flowering, and since they aren't, hope the apple crop will be as bountiful as ever. I've always been impressed by you folks that do the 3-day walk for cancer - good luck with your training!

I got a little pedometer that I wear all day - and lately I've been meeting my goal to walk around 10,000 steps a day. Still a little off, but close. I log in and S2H (Switch to Health) tells me my milage. Easy peezey, and it's a more natural way to exercise, since running and flat walking are off limits because of a back condition. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Marianne said...

Beautiful photos as always, Katrina! I especially like the shot of that wonderful green wall color with just a corner of that lovely mirror showing!

katrina said...

Thank you, Marianne! That color seems to have struck a happy note with many people - I think everyone is ready for Spring. Thanks so much!