All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

wordless wednesday: homemade marmalade and grapefruit scones




Two days ago, I made my favorite homemade marmalade ever from my 5 foot Calamondin orange tree. Today, I yearned for a scone. ( I know you're putting this together:)

I've been on a grapefruit spree lately, and the cutting board was littered with grapefruit peelings this afternoon. I was thinking lemon scones, but those rinds just sitting there made me wonder. What about grapefruit?

It worked. Amazingly. I've never seen such fluffy, airy scones EVER. That tablespoon of fresh juices from my breakfast bowl of grapefruit had the most astonishing reaction to the baking powder, resulting in lightly flavored, but a most definite citrus/grapefruit scone that defied gravity.

If this was a Twitter hashtag, I think it would be #bakingmiracles. Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

Martha said...

I would have never thought of it! I shall have to try it.

katrina said...

Funny, isn't it Martha? We always think of lemon and orange zest! Recipe should be up tomorrow afternoonish, if you'd like to check it out. Thanks!