All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Green Zebra tomatoes - and a new baby boy

Finally, I found my favorite tomato - the Green Zebra, nestled in a basket at our local market on a Friday afternoon, when all the gardeners and farmers bring in their greens and flowers, their vegetables and herbs, fresh breads, and bouquets.

Green Zebras, with beautiful stripes of grass green and yellow, are hard to find -a little tart, very pretty, and heavenly with a little balsamic and olive oil , a pinch of salt, a sprinkle of fresh basil and pepper, a soft crust of bread and butter for sopping up.  My thanks to Hand Drawn Farm for growing these lovely tomatoes  - and here, tossed with a few Sun Gold's , and a few of my own somewhat uninspiring cherry tomatoes - it has been a cool and wet summer here in New Hampshire - not the best weather for these sun lovers.

And now the best news - I have a beautiful new grandson, Max.  Dear Max, welcome to the world, little boy!









Happy August, and welcome to my new grandson, Max, born on the 20th of August!



5 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Congratulations!
Now we both have a Max..and a Noah..
No Ozzie here..
What a doll !
I must find some of those tomatoes soon...

katrina said...

I was just thinking that, Nana! How amazing is that? I can't wait til I hold that baby in my arms.....

Barb said...

Katrina - how blessed is your family! My most sincere Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and your family - such a precious gift. Much joy and happiness to all of you!

katrina said...

Thank you, Barb! Such a joy to have so many beautiful children joining the family - and better yet, I don't have to be the Mom! Grandmas are supposed to spoil their grands, right?

Barb said...

... and spoil them you shall. :-). I think you are absolutely correct - Grandmas have earned the right to spoil those sweet children - and isn't everyone better for it?