All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Saturday, April 18, 2015

brunch on the terrace: asparagus & eggs





Finally most of the snow has melted away on the terrace  - until this week the gigantic snow drifts from the roof shoveling sat in the shade and refused to melt.  At last, at last! Happy Spring at last!

To celebrate, I had a late breakfast outside - a little wind and in-and-out clouds, but fresh air and the roar of the brook.  

Although I love fat asparagus, all I could find at the market were these skinny spears - so both the eggs and asparagus cooked 8 minutes (separately)  before taking off heat.  Drizzled with melted butter and a squeeze of lemon was all it needed.

And around the front of the house, the daffodils are growing inches everyday and about to pop. Best of all, the bugs have not woken up yet.  Happy Spring!



What I'm watching:  The movie "Chef".  Terrific!
What I'm reading:  Waging Heavy Peace by Neil Young - yes, I have a rock and roll past:)

2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I thought we were going to watch Chef this week..Jacques thought we could get US Netflix..:( Not.
Heard it is good from Linda(How To Cook A Wolf:) ).
Isn't alfresco all it's cracked up to be?
Wow great bunches of daffs! Mine are here and there and no signs yet..
Oh lala..
I have a wee R and R past;)

katrina said...

How am I not surprised, Nana - re rock and roll? Excellent and fun movie - you will love it, I think! Oh , thank heavens - for once I am ahead of you up there! That makes me feel very pleased, especially after that awful winter we had.
Happy Spring, my dear Nana!