All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas cookie countdown: Maida Heatter's dark, rich brownies and crackly spice cookies





Maida Heatter's brownies are legendary, and with good reason - they are delicious. Because they're so rich, you can cut them smaller, I often do 2x2 inch squares. If I had some gold flakes, I think they would be even prettier.




And the crackly spice cookies are addictive, and sturdy, if you need to ship them.




You can find the recipes by clicking on the purple highlighted links - enjoy, and happy baking!



2 comments:

Barb said...

Oooohhh! All of these cookies look so festive (not to mention delicious!)-time to get baking, isn't it? The dilemma is which one to try first - I'm thinking the biscotti and then the stars and then the brownies and then ...
Thanks for sharing these with us. (Just in time too. My cookie jar is empty - how sad is that?)

katrina said...

Thanks, Barb! I'm so happy you enjoyed especially those three, which are tried and true favs. Once or twice this week I've had to defend my "no frosted cookies" to a few people - not that I don't think they're pretty, but simply because I prefer my cookies naked ( except for the cream cheese frosted pumpkin bars:) Hope all is well in your neck of the woods -