All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Saturday, December 15, 2012

angels we have heard on high: a blessed moment of unity


A joyful and blessed moment of unity, watching my 6 year old granddaughter singing in the Meeting House tonight, a moment when the pain of Connecticut faded briefly and the overflowing audience sang "Angels we Have Heard on High" with tenderness and ringing enthusiasm, and we listened, almost holding our breath, as the children sang so sweetly and softly.  I've forgotten how community can soothe the soul and bring us together, and hope you also, will find a place to be with others at this thoughtful time of the season, especially now, especially because.  With love....


4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

It must have been surreal:)In a wondrous way.
And Miss Mouse is so sweet..not a creature was stirring..not even a mouse:)

Barb said...

There really no words for this. But I know you treasured your precious granddaughter and family even more (if that's even possible.)

Blessings to you, Katrina.

katrina said...

Not surreal, Nana, but a welcome feeling of calm. I suppose that could be The Rev. MS. Mouse, but when I got it, I thought of all the seven or eight ministers in our family history, all male. I like it, Nana! The Rev. Ms. Mouse it is!

katrina said...

Oh Barb, terrible times. I couldn't even think about Newtown for those two hours in the church, I just put it away briefly so that I could see these beautiful children singing. And yes, I did treasure both Izzie and a squirmy Frankie more than ever. Blessings to you as well, Barb.