All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Thursday, December 13, 2012

On the 6th day of Christmas: the Charlie Brown tree







As much as I adore the Christmas season, there will always be a day or two of what I think of as the Charlie Brown down in the dumps day;  the Christmas blues.    Missing my dearly departed parents, worried about the economy, especially mine:  re-running faded old images of Christmases past, worry about a friend who is not well. Worry, worry, worry.

Then I stare at this ridiculous little fake tree I bought somewhere years ago, crinkled and somewhat tattered, and think how it cheered me up one sad day as I was shopping in a big box store just before Christmas.  And instead of chucking it in the trash, I place it front and center, where I can see it.   I wink at my Finnish elf with the blue, blue eyes, and then think about making Gingerbread Stars tomorrow, and putting out an extra cup of safflower seed for the cardinals and chickadees, who always greet the day with joy and excitement.

Wishing you all a wonderful evening, and new day tomorrow!


2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I have that same little tree in the jute bottom..
I have the same feelings too:)

Much more widespread than you would think ..
Life isn't perfect at all..and the holidays..bring that to light more clearly..
But there's a COMFORT in Christmas ..the believing in miracles..part..
and the knowing..that our parents are ..our guardian angels for now..

katrina said...

Thank you, Nana - you said it perfectly.