All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Monday, December 10, 2012

on the third day of Christmas: the Christmas cats and a healthy salad





I think I have not found all the cats on the tree and still in the two ornament boxes, but these are among my favorites:   Puss in Boots was from a tag on my son's present from his Auntie Noa when he was a wee little one, and the carved wooden pussycat has a mouse attached to a wire - can you see it?  The chewed up folk art pussycat was snatched away from Lulu, our shepherd-lab puppy, who thought everything, including the Christmas tree, was food.



All these cookie tastings were making me feel wan, so I made another batch of that 
crunchy baby bok choy salad with mandarin oranges.  Slice up mostly the whites of the bok choy, mix with some canned mandarin oranges, and a sliver of red onion, and dress with 1 T. fresh orange juice, 2 T. fresh lemon juice, and fresh pepper. Salt and oil are not needed.

Joyeux Noel!

4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

My little grandsons love that movie Puss N Boots w/ Antonio Banderas' voice:)

Cute cute kitties Katrina..

katrina said...

Oh - I want to see that, Nana! J'adore M. Banderas *swoon*

Barb said...

Your cat ornaments are so cute, and the little mouse is an added bonus. It looks rather delicate so you are lucky that it's still attached to the ornament.



katrina said...

Barb- thank goodness that mouse is attached - it's so tiny it would've been lost years ago!