All content copyright Katrina Hall 2008 through 2025

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

on the 5th day of Christmas: ultimate chocolate brownies and the Dolly Llama





Today's doings in the kitchen?  Mixing up the most delectable chocolate batter for Maida Heatter's brownies, and listening to Dylan Thomas read his glorious Christmas poem, A Child's Christmas in Wales ( which you can hear him read in his plummy voice here).  

When my children were younger, they would suffer through this poem every Christmas season, but they have now escaped parental obligation ( though I'm waiting for the day when one of them says to me, "Remember that cool poem about snowball fights and firemen on Christmas Day? ".  I expect it will be a long wait). Dolly Llama smiles her mysterious smile on the tree, humoring my fantasy.






Shepherd's pie on the menu for tomorrow, with lots of butter and fresh rosemary.  I've been hearing the *snow* word in the weather reports!  Are you ready?

3 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Ready:-)
Love his voice..had never heard it..:-)
Is that bacon in the potatoes?...:-)

katrina said...

Isn't he marvelous, Nana? Not bacon - I used unpeeled red-skinned potatoes and whipped them up with butter and milk in the mixer...

Barb said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Dolly Llama makes me laugh! So cute and so funny.

Shepard's pie looks yummy and the brownies? - well, what can I say?